Re: [Amps] Switching Supplies for High Current Filaments

To: "'Jim W7RY'" <w7ry@inbox.com>, "'Jim Thomson'" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Switching Supplies for High Current Filaments
From: "alexeban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:28:50 +0200
Even so, the GRC 106 linear amplifier had a linear regulator to feed 2
4CX250, 26 VDC filaments, in parallel with no problems. There are types of
linear regulators that don't latch up at start conditions. In that case, the
regulator was there to protect the tubes from surges in the vehicular power
system.
Alex    4Z5KS