[Amps] Autotuner for Amp Input

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Autotuner for Amp Input
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 07:40:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Folks....

I am in the process of connecting parts for my homebrew amp and have been
struggling with finding a Band Switch.  I have several out of an old WWII Tuner
that would work.  I want a switch to do both the output and the input at the
same time.  Rather expensive and somewhat hard to find.  I was thinking that I
would have to have two switch to change per band...after all...it is homebrew.

But, I picked up the ARRL Handbook this morning on the way to the "reading
room"
and saw a project that used a commercial auto tuner to do the job of the input
matching.  It is an LDG autotuner they sell without a box.  I thought this was
good idea.  It will auto tune with a little RF power...has 4000 memories, so
once it has been around the block some it remembers everything.  Does not need
switch.

Have any of you used the method?  Seems to have worked for the author of the
article in the Handbook.

Lee - K0WA

 In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you
don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any
Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common
Sense divine?

Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind.
-  J. Wolf