Re: [Amps] AL-1200 debug at a distance: we might have a winner(W5GHZ)

To: <knormoyle@surfnetusa.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-1200 debug at a distance: we might have a winner(W5GHZ)
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:54:27 -0400
With a shorted and open zener there will be some conduction depending if its
CW or SSB position. You already stated there was a very low bias earlier
which should mean the tube is conducting.

By multiple issues I mean zeners, tube, safety diode, plate choke,
bandswitch, meter, protection circuitry, and more can all fail during an
Ameritron IED.

Try concentrating on the suggestions and skip the zener wattage and other
non pertinent stuff that makes for hard to follow replies.

Carl
KM1H