[Amps] Need rectifiers for X-ray supply

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Need rectifiers for X-ray supply
From: Borislav Trifonov <bdt@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 12:20:38 -0700
Hello gentlemen,
I was using four GE KR-9A kenotrons (probably pre-1960s) to rectify 120
kV at (pulse driven average) 50 mA for my DIY X-ray setup.  Didn't
bother immersing in oil due to running at much lower power than what the
tubes are obviously designed for.
Last night had a big argument with the girlfriend and she broke three of
the tubes... I almost cried.
I'm wondering if anyone here has leads to other suitable high voltage,
high power tubes so I can rebuild my bridge.  I've only found one other
KR-9A willing to part with its owner on teh intrawebs this far.