Re: [Amps] construct ferrite "line isolator"

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] construct ferrite "line isolator"
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 04:41:52 -0700
On 10/28/2010 3:24 AM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:
> Do you actually use ferrites in resonant circuits at HF or VHF where low
> loss is required such as pi-net output tanks?

When you wind a choke or transformer on Fair-Rite #61 or #67, you are
depending on that core having low loss.
> I always thought for
> efficiency ferrites were pretty much restricted to the audio frequency
> range and a bit higher such as in switching power supplies. I have been
> under the assumption that at HF and up, ferrites are lossy and drift
> with temperature.

How many times must I recommend that you STUDY THE FAIR-RITE CATALOG and
STUDY MY TUTORIAL, .  I'm a pretty old dog, but I'm still learning new
tricks, but I don't learn them by limiting myself to "what I always
thought."  Sorry to be a PITA, but I've spent a lot of time writing
about what I've learned.
> My information is a few years old and perhaps there are new mixes for
> the HF region. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Study the tutorial and the data sheets.

73, Jim K9YC