Re: [Amps] HV rectifier strings - to bypass or not?

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV rectifier strings - to bypass or not?
From: Shane Youhouse <kd6vxi@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 13:52:43 -0800
Computers have mad filtering due to errors.

Bad power line noise in early mainframe and similar computers caused data
errors.

When dealing with mission critical systems (and everyone believes theirs
are), you have to have 0 chance of error.

Not to mention, it also causes semiconductors to let the smoke out.  I've
got 4 switching supplies here that all died during 2-3 strike power
fluctuations (wind causing the lines to short, ice, etc).....  SOLA would be
my best friend here.

--Toll_Free