Re: [Amps] our amplifier in 2010 CQWW

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] our amplifier in 2010 CQWW
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:27:19 -0500
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 11:16 PM

> On 11/9/2010 6:45 AM, Carl wrote:
>> That would also disqualify a good percentage of the USA and the rest of
>> the
>> world.  Do you really think its honored, especially by the stations that
>> arent regularly scrutinized.
>
> I know this may come as a shock to some folks on this list, I know MANY
> honorable contesters, including some with big time reputations, who play
> by the rules. There are certainly some who think that the rules don't
> apply to them -- like Ivanna Trump, rules are for the little people.
>
> IMO, those dishonorable schmucks who don't play by the rules are the
> little people, and I have no respect for them.
>
> On 11/9/2010 6:45 AM, Carl wrote:
>> A US magazine trying to dictate to the world is totally asinine.
>
> No, it's the RULES FOR A CONTEST, which are established by a volunteer
> committee of contesters.
>
>>I can just see the CQ Contest Committee running around the world with
>>their
>>wattmeters looking for those extra watts(-;
>

> In the past few years, some major contest operations HAVE BEEN
> disqualified, and the rules have been rewritten to allow representatives
> of the committees to inspect competing stations in real time during the
> contest.
>
> Some of you guys make me sick to my stomach, no matter what your
> nationality. My parents taught me that "the other guy does it" is NEVER
> justification for doing wrong.  Yet another example of why and how the
> world has lost its way morally and ethically.
>
> 73, Jim Brown K9YC

It sounds like someone just had a hissy fit.

What about those in the top clique who get free loan of the latest and
greatest gear and simply pass it off as "volunteer evaluation" or Beta
testing?  Was it any surprise that they won again? That was one of the
things that turned me off on contesting.

Carl
KM1H