[Amps] QRO is alive and well..in Greece ( maybe elsewhere )

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] QRO is alive and well..in Greece ( maybe elsewhere )
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:29:52 -0600
I don't know if any of you know any FM radio station
owners/engineersthat need a good standby transmitter, but I just took
out of service a dual stage dual grounded grid single phase
transmitter on 99mhz.   a 3cx800 in grounded grid driving a YU-148 in
grounded grid.

Separate power supplies and very well metered for all functions.
interstage coupling is 50 ohm coax.  Output is EIA flange 1 5/8  coax.
   It is designed for 6KW carrier output 24/7 with under 30 watts of
drive.

W6PO half wave transmission line plate circuit design.
19th edition Radio Handbook and others.

In two four foot tall side-by-side racks with RF in one rack and HV /
blowers in the other.  Smallest footprint commercial amplifier I have
ever seen, but plenty of room inside.   Excellent single phase 220 VAC
Amp.... needs a dryer pigtail connection rated at 50 amps.

10% to broker.  Contact me off list

Don W4DNR