Re: [Amps] AL-1200 pi input network. is manual right for correct "stock"

To: knormoyle@surfnetusa.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-1200 pi input network. is manual right for correct "stock" LC v...
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 17:35:33 EST
Kevin, the input circuits are "kind of" a pi type on the higher bands as
well. The missing C is furnished by the input C of the tube grid to cathode
capacitance.

I say "kind of" because the input C connects through a piece of 50 ohm coax
 to the box containing the input networks. That piece of coax will alter
the C  value seen by the networks.

The rf voltages involved in the input circuit are not extreme, maybe 70 to
100 volts rms maximum , so no need for very robust insulation there.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 12/6/2010 3:04:47 P.M. Central Standard Time,