Re: [Amps] GU43b Tube Socket

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GU43b Tube Socket
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 12:36:27 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 11:28:53 -0800 (PST), Bob Clark <clarkbb2@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Can You Seen Me A picture Of The GU43B Tubre Socket.

REPLY:

Be aware there are two versions of this tube and the sockets are not
interchangeable. The difference is the length of the center pin. If you
have the wrong one (as I did) it is possible to remove the existing
center pin from the socket and fabricate a new one which slips on
independent of the socket. A bit of a job but it works fine.

Also, from my experience - keep the HV down to about 2 kV max. The data
sheet rates them at 3.3 kV but they are prone to arc internally at
voltages above 2 kV. Others have reported this too.

73, Bill W6WRT