Re: [Amps] PI-L Thoughts!

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "Ulf \(SM0NOR\)" <ulf@sm0nor.com>, <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PI-L Thoughts!
From: "Mitch Cox" <ww4cox@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 15:05:13 -0500
  From: Carl
  To: Ulf (SM0NOR) ; ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net
  Cc: amps@contesting.com
  Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2010 9:12 AM

  National Radio started the 2 section trend in the 1963 NCL-2000 and Alpha
  used it starting with the 8n series.

  Its not easy to modify an existing cap for a much lower minimum C as the end
  plates are still too close to the frame. There also has to be sufficient
  clearance between the 2 sections.

  The Alpha cap is 10-58pf and 16-210pf with 3000V spacing which was fine for
  the pair of 3CX800A7's they used at 2200V.

  In the mid 80's I designed and had built a dual section with 10-53pf and
  23-180pf with 4500V spacing and sold quite a few thru Radiokit into the
  90's.

  Carl
  KM1H