[Amps] Fan for SB220

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fan for SB220
From: "JayKay" <pcb4u@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 19:30:32 -0800
A local ham buddy just got back into the hobby after an 8 year hiatus and got a
hold of 2 SB220's. He noticed they run hot and he asked the following
question...so I figured there are folks out here who might know the answer

"....see how guys like the Harbach fan kit for the SB220? Mine is running hot
and LOUD. I oiled the
bearings and cleaned it off of dust, but it's still got to go"

Anyone done this mod?

I recommended a small muffin on top to help extract the hot air for now. I did
it on my old 30L1 and it sure cooled it down.

Thanks

Jay
W2IJ