Re: [Amps] Black heat shields

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Black heat shields
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 19:34:05 -0500

On 12/19/2010 6:53 PM, Carl wrote:
> It must have done wonders for the NF after you went black. Maybe thats
> why dishes are normally painted a light flat color dont you think?

The LNB was well out in the open so it stayed pretty well at ambient and
the signals were strong enough NF was no problem  ... With the exception
of one satellite that was way down on the Western horizon (through the
trees) OTOH we never did get that one well before or after the paint
job.  It was actually warmer *behind* the dish than in front of it. OTOH
I assume the NF for the LNB that was there when it had the fancy paint
job was probably pretty poor<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)