[Amps] Henry 3000D Six meter conversion

To: magiceme@googlegroups.com, amps@contesting.com, moon-net@list-serv.davidv.net
Subject: [Amps] Henry 3000D Six meter conversion
From: K1SG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:52:41 EST
A number of folks on this reflector are in progress of converting the Henry
 2000D/3000D commercial amplifiers to 6 meters.  There is a wonderful show
and tell on this subject on W7GJ's website
_http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/6mHenry3CX3000A7.htm_
(http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj/6mHenry3CX3000A7.htm)    and I suspect many
have already
started the project.  I've been making slow  progress on mine, but expect to
get
it finished in the fullness of time.
My current hang up has been with obtaining and machining the parts needed
for the output tuning coil, particularly the slug tuning arrangement.
I've found a friend willing to do the hard parts (the machining itself) for
 me.  Would there be enough interest to do a group buy on the copper, brass
 and PVC pieces for this?  It makes sense to do more than one if we're
going  to do it at all.
If you have a 3000D sitting on your bench waiting for conversion to 6
meters, wondering about the  construction of the tunable output coil, and
would
be interested in sourcing the machined parts for it, please contact me
off-list.
Thanks very much (and a tip of the hat to Lance!)

73,

Steve

Steve  Gilbert
K1SG