Re: [Amps] wires through center of coax

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] wires through center of coax
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:21:11 -0500
It just occurred:

     The characteristic impedance of a transmission line is equal the square
root of the unit length inductance divided by the unit length capacitance.
By adding a conductor on the inside of the hollow center conductor that is not
at the same potential as the holllow center conductor you change the unit
length capacitance.
     If the wire is at the same potential as the shield the character impedance
will be lowered. That does not necessary make it a bad transmission line but
one of a different impedance.

73
Bill wa4lav