Re: [Amps] 572B AMP PLANS

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 572B AMP PLANS
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 17:15:32 -0500

On 12/26/2010 4:31 PM, JEREMY ENGBROCK wrote:
> I want to build  an amp with 3 or 4 572b tubes. I would like to get 800 to
> 1000 watts output. I have a good high voltage supply for this project. Does
> anyone  have any MODERN plans for an amp of this kind. I plan on running
> about 2500 volt under load on the anode if that will affect the tank values.
> Also does anyone know of a good US based source for GS35B OR GI7BT
> tubes.Thanks, 73
> Jeremy N0NZG

As Carl has already stated the AL-572 would make a good model for your
project..  It's a pretty basic circuit needing little in the way of
extra circuitry be it an old or "modern" design.  They do have step
start and some other modern features to lower power drain in when not
transmitting and it includes ALC.  You can download the information at
http://www.ameritron.com/Product.php?productid=AL-572    (data sheet
www.rfparts.com/pdf_docs/*572B*%20Svetlana.pdf  ) AT 160 watts plate
dissipation each that is 640 watts total or   1067 watts of carrier out
in ICAS  (amateur service). with 2900VDC at no load or 2500 full load on
the plates.

Ameritron would also be a good source for any parts no on hand or
difficult to find.

73 and good luck

Roger (K8RI)