Re: [Amps] Transformer advice

To: Dave M <slash_dot@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer advice
From: "Ulf (SM0NOR)" <ulf@sm0nor.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:12:03 +0100
Does anyone know of a European manufacturer that offers the same quality for
the same competitive price? Although I live in Sweden that price is very
affordable even when I add on 200 USD of shipping charges for a rather heavy
package. But it would be even cheaper if I could find someone closer. But so
far, the Swedish manufacturers are basically not interested in making one
single unit. The quotes I get here here are in the USD 600-1000 range, unless I
order multiple units. I have also spoken to Harbach and they can also offer me
a transformer at a competitive price. So oddly enough, it seems like it is
cheaper to buy from another continent and then ship 50 lbs with a jet airliner.
How is that for the environment?

73's

Ulf (SM0NOR)
ulf@sm0nor.com