Re: [Amps] Why no 28 MHz

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Why no 28 MHz
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 00:48:59 -0500
> Of course, it is a practical impossibility to shut out that segment
> and still allow full 10-meter coverage.

Except for those amplifiers that use a microprocessor controller with
frequency counter.  The controller can be programmed to lockout when
detecting RF between 26 and 28 MHz.  If the amplifier is also designed
so that it is impossible to operated with the processor defeated the
design will pass muster under the new rules (the SPE Expert, THP 1.5Kfx
and 2.5Kfx are all examples of this approach).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV