Re: [Amps] Tube Amps as Antenna Tuners

To: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tube Amps as Antenna Tuners
From: Peter Frenning <peter@frenning.dk>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 00:06:05 +0100
ons, 26 01 2011 kl. 17:33 -0500, skrev N1BUG:

> My amp and ATU are one and the same. I have got away with using 160,
> 80, and 40 meter antennas on 17 and 12 meters, as well as some other
> "radical" things. OTOH, my amp is homebrew and built to be able to
> withstand a little extra RF voltage or current here and there...
>
> 73,
> Paul
>

> Carl wrote:
> > I do the same with a LK-500ZC even on 160 with SWR up to around 5:1.
> > Changed
> > a few fixed padder values to keep the grid current in a safe range, and its
> > running the original 1986 Eimacs, and bandswitch which has never arced. I
> > dont even own an ATU

Around here we call it a tube-tuner (which incidentally amplifies the
signal somewhat)

Running a home-brew 4/1100 amp.

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
** and ninety-nine per cent            **
** perspiration.                       **
**               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
email: peter(no-spam filler)@frenning.dk
http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
Ph. +45 4619 3239
Snailmail: