Re: [Amps] I answered it.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] I answered it.
From: "Roger (Sub1)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 00:18:16 -0500
On 1/29/2011 10:40 PM, DJ7WW wrote:
> It is more then likely that those on a city lot who crank their power output
> way up will run into trouble with their neighborhood.
I shouldn't say this out loud as it might jinx the operation, but I've
run the legal limit or close to it for most of the years I've been
active.  The "only" RFI complaint was about 10 years ago when my 50
watts into stacked 14's on 147.6 was getting into a neighbor's TV  with
rabbit ears, out in his garage about 100 feet from the base of the
tower.  I gave him a new TV antenna still in the box I had stored over
my garage. We put it up in the rafters of his garage and that was the
end of the RFI. Plus I had free beer and an invite to their parties.

I've had 2 different neighbors at that address since then and it's up
for sale again.  What I fear is some one moving in with equipment that
either creates RFI or is susceptible to RF

73

Roger (K8RI)