Re: [Amps] AL-811 & 572's

To: W7MJM <w7mjm@arrl.net>, aMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-811 & 572's
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:59:54 -0500
   With only 1500 or so volts on the plates the 572Bs have low gain.
You may not have enough drive to go beyond 600 watts. Unless you operate a
higher
plate voltage you may not go beyond 600 watts anyway.
   If you go by the specs. even for three tubes in parallel, with 2500 V
plate voltage
and 150 watts drive you will get 900 watts.

73
Bill wa4lav