Re: [Amps] source for band switch

Subject: Re: [Amps] source for band switch
From: "Hsu" <hsu4qro@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 00:44:34 +0800
I'll finsh the band swith project. I would like  to share some experience
about the band switch.
I  notice  that he use Nylon shaft.We had use similar design in some
prototypes of HF2000DX  amplifier.
 But Nylon is not good material for RF use, in 5 prototypes , there is a band
switch arc , the arc happen between two metal  rotors.
   We think it duo to the material  of shaft problem.We have modify the design,
using ceramic-metal rotor like Muti-tech's.Our amplifier
have sold over 60 units, without similar problem again!
   This problem can sovle  in two ways: 1) replace the metal roter to
ceramic-metal roter like multi-tech's.2) replace the nylon shaft to fiberglass
shaft.
In my option, 2) is the best way,because the nylon shaft  without enough
rigidity  and  easy to twist  or brokeak as PA3UV/Dick mentioned.
 We'll finsh our new band switch project  in next month.
          73!Hsu