Re: [Amps] Alpha 89 blower issue

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 89 blower issue
From: Commander John <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:06:51 -0800 (PST)
Back when I repaired window air conditioners I used a spray can product called
brake cleaner to clean the bearings or shaft.  Then I sprayed boat motor
fogging oil in the bearing while it was running. These two products worked very
well on the motors which are simular to the blower motors.
Brake cleaner is in the automotive area and fogging oil is in boat area.
Both are spray cans with a straw. These operations are done while the motor is
running and one right after the other.
john W9ZY

A friend of mine, who doesn't have Internet access at the moment,
has a pair of Alpha 89 amps.

The one that is used as a backup or spare had the blower replaced
by Alpha (now RF Concepts) in 2005 so it has had relatively little
use.

Over the past couple of weeks, the replaced blower has started to
squeal.

Does anyone have any information on a better solution to now
replacing this blower than sending it back to RF Concepts?

Or, is there a way to lubricate it?

Thanks in advance. Please reply directly.

Jim, K1PX

K1PX at MSN.Com