[Amps] SB-220 no output at all on all bands.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB-220 no output at all on all bands.
From: "Roland AH6RR" <Toesonnose@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:57:21 -1000
Aloha All,

 I just got done rebuilding a SB-220 that has no output on any band. It has
120mils of plat current on key-down with no RF applied and 300mils with 100W
applied, Plate voltage is 3000V, filament voltage is 5.2V and bias voltage
is 120V. The relay is working. I triple checked the wiring and everything is
fine. The tubes I checked in a Swan MK2 and they have full output in that
amp. The only things I did change was the plate choke I home brewed one
using a 5/8 in Delrin form and #23 wire that has the same Inductance as the
original and a new Tune Cap as the old one was pitted and showed signs of
arcing. I did check both of the Doorknobs and they are within specs.
Everything checks fine but there is no power out on any band whatsoever. Any
suggestions on what to check?

Thanks

Roland AH6RR