Re: [Amps] SB-200 power supply diodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 power supply diodes
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 07:24:00 -0600
Kathy,
I'd advise replacing the diode string in your SB-200 with 1N4007 diodes
instead of 1N5408. Not that there's anything wrong with the 1N5408, but the
holes in the circuit board will have to be drilled out to make them fit. The
1N4007 will be a perfect fit, and with  a 1A/1000V rating, will be more than
adequate for an SB-200. You should probably also replace the elderly
electrolytics in the amplifier while you have it apart.
73,
Jim W8ZR