Re: [Amps] 813 Amplifier Article

To: "Bill Smith" <ko4nrbs@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813 Amplifier Article
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:06:33 -0400
Id use sockets with the shield base which is to be solidly grounded; it will
ensure stability.

Use a muffin fan on the tube glass instead.

Wind your own filament choke.

That B&W network is pricey if you can find one without the coil supports all
deformed, consider alternatives.

One 1000pf plate blocking cap is suffiicent, even on AM.

Unless the HV will be over 2500V you can do away with the bias supply and
run true GG. The article also has an error (at a quick glance) in that the
screen is not tied to the grid. If you need bias feed it into the filament
xfmr CT in the more conventional way used today.

Its a simple enough design that allows room for lots of changes as long as
all the RF leads are kept short.

Carl
KM1H