Re: [Amps] 4-400A low output, VU3RAZ problem

To: <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>, "amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4-400A low output, VU3RAZ problem
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 18:13:33 -0400
Ummm, you guys are beeing very selective in the spec reading department.

For AB1 the max is 800 and typical is 750. For AB2 the max is still 800 but
the typical is 500 since the tube is being run harder; 800V would likely
exceed the anode dissipation with full drive and loading.

OTOH, for Class C AM its 600/500.

But what do hams care about ratings....run then until the anodes get a hole
in them.

Carl
KM1H