Re: [Amps] Alpha vs. Henry

To: "'Carl'" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "'Fern'" <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha vs. Henry
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 21:00:39 -0400
Not according to Collins. They say that the choke should be resonant at 120
Hz with minimum critical current, eg bleeder current, which keeps voltage
from soaring.

As current draw increases the inductance of the choke will drop, going out
of resonance and increasing ripple voltage out of the supply.

73
Gary K4FMX