Re: [Amps] what is a 4 wire 240VAC service?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] what is a 4 wire 240VAC service?
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 16:32:25 -0400
Gary,

Excellent clarification.  Looking at the schematic, the 50V primary shows as
being the only primary "coupled" to the plate secondary.  I put that in
quotes because it's easy to infer the incorrect relationship on the drawing.
When I went back to look at it I had to do a double-take as I couldn't
believe that the plate primary could be in series blower and that it was the
sole primary for delivering HV.  The transformer schematic could be re-drawn
but I can also see why the drafter laid it out that way since it probably
would have taken up more page space.  One thing for sure -- it's scary to
see it that way at first glance!

Paul, W9AC