Re: [Amps] Transformer i.d.

To: amps@contesting.com, Martin Sole <hs0zed@csloxinfo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer i.d.
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 19:41:13 -0700 (PDT)
Looking at the transformer a little more, and doing some resistance
measurements, I believe that you are correct.

I looked closer at the wires that were cut off on terminals 6, 7, and 8.
Instead of being like 12 gauge for the line voltage they are actually high
voltage insulated.  The outside insulation, the center insulation, and the end
of the wire were all black (corrosion on the copper).  That is why I first
thought the 3 pins were the primary.

Since bringing the transformer to the work bench is a little bit harder than
jury rigging a filament transformer at the transformer, I'll have to do that if
necessary.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com