[Amps] Transformer ID

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Transformer ID
From: Donald Fox <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 19:57:08 -0700 (PDT)
Glenn:

That xformer should be from a Henry amp. They used the ECA brand early on, then
switched to Magnetech (sp) later on after many of the ECA units croaked.

Recalling from my recent Classic console work, the primary side uses the screw
terminals, and the secondary terminals are the solder taps.

The 1028 number is familiar to me, but I do not find it used in any of the
Classic series amps.
Might be from one of the older 3K or 2K units.

The Classic series HF consoles used the 1092, 1171, or 1214. I think the 2KD
was a 1120.

The larger xformers such as the 1171 and 1214 were rated 800ma CCS. The smaller
ones such as 1092 and 1120 were less.

Hope this helps.                           Don  N8ECH