Re: [Amps] Transformer i.d.

To: gzook@yahoo.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer i.d.
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 23:06:07 EDT
Glen,you can tell a lot about the transformer by connecting 12vac to the
primary and making some voltage checks on the secondary terminals. That will
at  least identify the turns ratio and presence of center taps etc with a
relatively  low voltage.

Once the major winding and tap windings of the secondary are  identified
you can connect 120vac to the secondary and do some sleuthing of the  primary
terminals for more info.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/5/2011 9:08:03 P.M. Central Daylight Time,