[Amps] HT-41 Refurb

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] HT-41 Refurb
From: "Merle Bone" <merlebone@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:07:27 -0500
I have a friend that has an HT-41 amplifier that we wants to refurbish and use.
Because of the weight of the amplifier, he would like to put the high voltage
transformer on a separate chassis and put it on the floor behind his operating
desk. He wants to simply remote the wires for the single winding 110V. primary
and the "center tapped" secondary up about 3 or 4 feet and into the HT-41 main
chassis.

I would appreciate your comments on any special issues to be considered (
packaging/strength, voltage insulation, RF leakage), possible approaches
(connectors,cable,conduit) and any other comments you might have to help him
achieve this approach.
Thanks & 73, Merle - W0EWM