[Amps] GU-84B Conversion (Re-thought)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] GU-84B Conversion (Re-thought)
From: Bill Smith <ko4nrbs@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:23:17 -0700 (PDT)
Well thanks to all of you here I have abandoned the idea of using the GU-84B.
Staying with a Triode is the way to go.  As it sets the amp needs a Tuned Input
and a tank circuit refinement if I stayed with the 3-400Z tubes.  Not a big
deal but the tubes are hard to come by and can be quite expensive.

I now will explore using the GS-31B and the 3-500Z.  The 3-500Z is too tall for
my enclosure but it could be modified I guess.  The 8877 is a great tube but
$$$$!!

73,
Bill
KO4NR