Re: [Amps] GI-46B it is!!

To: "Bill Smith" <ko4nrbs@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] GI-46B it is!!
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 23:38:00 -0500
Bill,

These tubes are all pulse rated.  I think you will find much higher voltages
listed under pulse duty.

Of about 12 GI7B (similar structure as the 46b) I only found one which had a
high-pot leakage under 5Kv.  And that one had a grid to
anode short for some reason at about 800V.  Clearly something funky with the
tube.  If you can get someone to check them on a
hi-pot, that's the way to go.

73, Jeff ACØC
www.ac0c.com