Re: [Amps] Airflow meter

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Airflow meter
From: "Dugas, Jason A. (JSC-EP511)" <jason.a.dugas@nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:55:18 -0500
Roger, K8RI, mentioned the hot wire anemometer.  Jose Miyara of Rosario,
Argentina wrote an excellent application brief in January of 1971 in Analog
Dialogue, which is the trade journal of Analog Electronics.  I had a run-in
with this on the space shuttle orbiter-they use this same device to measure the
flow rate of reactants entering the fuel cells.  When the space shuttle
launches today, you can know that the hot wire anemometer is working, along
with an old Royer squre-wave power oscillator ;-)

I wrote a brief for them and they also reprinted Jose's writeup back around
2003 or so.  You can read the article at:
http://www.analog.com/library/analogdialogue/archives/38-12/reader.html

Jason
KB5URQ