Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 101, Issue 16

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 101, Issue 16
From: John Lyles <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 00:42:27 -0600
2 MW out with 26 kV x 110 Amps (plus 60 kw of drive feedthru due to
cathode driven) is quite good efficiency, 68%.
180 kW is the average (equivalent CW) power, as it is a pulsed
amplifier. The peak power needs high peak voltage. The high average
power needs a lot of DC current and makes heat. Both regimes are tested.
No new photos online besides the 3 technical papers I posted links to, a
month ago.
John
K5PRO

Message: 4