Re: [Amps] GS-35b heat sink

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS-35b heat sink
From: Paul Whatton <paul@g4dcv.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:33:08 +0100
I remember a conversation with Ian GM3SEK about heatsinks when I was
building my GI7b & GS31 2m amplifiers (apologies if I misquote you Ian,
you'll probably pop up and say something). I also suggested heat sink
compound but Ian pointed out that the tube-heatsink interface
temperature was too high.

He did suggest that the machining on the tube anode & heatsink were not
great and that it might be a good idea to stick them in a lathe and skim
them to improve heat transfer. I didn't actually do this but it seems a
good idea to me.

I don't have a GS35 in the shack at the moment. I did post one out to a
friend a couple of years ago and seperated the tube & heatsink because
two packages made the postage cost lower. I don't remember there being
any difference in the fitting but I wish I could be sure. But I know a
man who will know for sure and I'll ask.

73 Paul G4DCV