Re: [Amps] T/R relays for 2M

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] T/R relays for 2M
From: Mike Tubby <mike@tubby.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 08:05:26 +0100
On 02/06/2011 03:31, Gary K9GS wrote:
> A friend recently purchased a 2M amp.  This amp does not have any T/R
> switching but does have 12V DC available.  Can anyone recommend a
> suitable relay to use for the input and output?  Output power of the amp
> is 700-800W.

I'd suggest a Tohtsu CX-600N on the output and something smaller on the
input, or, alternatively a CX-800N which is double throw.

Check out Ebay HenryRadio are setting some CX-800N relays and RF Parts
appear to have the CX-600 on offer.

There are a lot more 24/26/28V relays around cheap than there are with
12V coils - the latter are a premium.  The difference is sufficient that
all the relays on my home station and contest stations are 24V.

73, Mike G8TIC