Re: [Amps] Titan 425 power transformer question

To: pete@soper.us, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Titan 425 power transformer question
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 15:32:26 EDT
Hi Pete, I suggest you do more testing before writing off the  transformer.
One failure scenario that would cause the described problem is a  surge
limiting circuit that is not shorting out the limiting resistor in the  primary
circuit.

If you measure the 240/120vac line voltage right at the plate transformer
primary, it should be quite steady during turn on.

If that checks ok, you can carefully do the same test on the transformer
secondary. It should also be quite steady at turn on.

Happy hunting!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 6/6/2011 2:07:13 P.M. Central Daylight Time,