Re: [Amps] antenna relay connections

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] antenna relay connections
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 00:26:31 -0400
> I am putting together a fairly big amp (4CX3000A) and I've gotten to
> the question ... I'm concerned with reliability and noise.

I've been using 1KV Silicone test lead wire.

http://www.testpath.com/Categories/Silicone-Test-Lead-Wire-3086.htm

I imagine that the 13 Gauge wire (651 micro-strands) would work commensurate
with the 4CX3000A.  Even at 5KW, the wire voltage rating is about 50% in a
50-ohm system.

To help prevent acoustical conduction, I connect the wire to each relay
terminal in a single loop.  Because of the highly flexible nature of the
micro-stranding, this completely dampens acoustical conduction when the
vacuum relay is shock-mounted on a Silicone sheet.

Paul, W9AC