Re: [Amps] What is the meaning of ACVFD ?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] What is the meaning of ACVFD ?
From: "Roger (sub1)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 02:21:35 -0400

I should have mentioned they are fully checked out for running true  and
the ways are also true.  They have been reconditioned where necessary
and I can check them out before buying.  That lathe with 60" between
centers is a monster.  I do need to build a hoist for the lathe 3 and 4
jaw chucks and for the index table and vise for the mill.  They are too
heavy for me to lift at 200# plus for the 12" table. I think the chucks
are about 160#  I used to easily lift the 10" index table, but my back
would never take it now days, let alone a 12" table.

The 60" lathe may turn out to be just too large for my shop although I
know a 50" will fit although I'd prefer a 40" with at least a 4" spindle
bore.  They do make them with large spindle bores, or did.  A new 16 X
60 South Bend is over 40 grand which is wayyyy out of my price range.

My goal is to be able to do some amp and tower projects, so there are
some metal working tools needed as well.

Seems like I used to remember toys were cheaper, but my folks always
said I liked expensive toys. <:-)) Come to think of it, so does Joyce
and she's a ham too so she knows how much a lot of this stuff costs. <:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)