Re: [Amps] New NXP BLF578XR 1200W LDMOS FET is "indestructible"

To: "'MIKE DURKIN'" <patriot121@msn.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New NXP BLF578XR 1200W LDMOS FET is "indestructible"
From: "Randall, Randy" <Randy.Randall@uchealth.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:36:08 -0400
Since most power RF transistors will blow if you even look at them incorrectly,
and a tough device adds a lot of value and eliminates some of the required
protection devices I'd venture that the price point for the device will be in
the neighborhood of a comparably rated vacuum tube + or -.   ‎

Randy E. Randall AB9GO
Network Engineer
UC Health
Randy.Randall@UCHealth.com