Re: [Amps] Any new tube research?

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Any new tube research?
From: "Roger (sub1)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 22:18:42 -0400
On 8/20/2011 9:23 AM, Carl wrote:<snip>

> Aww, you poor fella, I feel your pain (-;

Yah...decisions, decisions, decisions...

> The 6C21's (pulse rated 450T family) in one of my AM amps are 12.625"
> tall not counting the heat radiating

I think I've mentioned, my first high power amp was a 6C21.  I saw a
pair of them running PP to a *vertical* tuned line on 6-meters. Now that
was impressive.

> plate cap. At least the 304TL modulators are shorter.

A LOT shorter <:-))

> Real amps belong in racks and not on the desk....

That's a problem when you don't have any floor space for racks.
As my wife says...I suffer from TMS or Too Much... ahhhh... Stuff!
I think that was mentioned a few weeks back when the paramedics were
trying to roll me down the aisle in front of the work bench.  They
totaled my office chair.  At least they didn't break anything important.

73

Roger (K8RI)