Re: [Amps] Liquid cooling

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Liquid cooling
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:58:14 +0000
Gerald, Carl,

> Manfred, are there computer repair shops there? Many of the thermal grease
> products are targeted for CPU cooling applications.

Yes, there are some.

I just checked those that have websites, such as bip.cl. They all seem
to sell the same stuff... The best thermal grease they have is
Thermaltake TG-1 Extreme, which has a thermal conductivity of 3 W/mK,
less than half that of Arctic Silver. It's good for a ceramic loaded
grease, though.

But I checked on eBay and found several sellers willing to ship Arctic
Silver 5 worldwide, and with reasonable shipping charges. So it's no
problem, and I will get some!

Manfred.