[Amps] Getters

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Getters
From: "John Lyles" <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:18:09 -0600
Good enough. I did have a 3-500Z switch tube in my 314R1 broadcast transmitter
go bright yellow on the plate when the clamp diode was shorted across it. The
plate overload saved it but for a moment it was quite bright. There was blue
fluorescence on the glass.
I suspect that the plate outgassed a little, as it was 'processed' higher
temperature in situ than Eimac likely did. It survived this test OK!
K5PRO