[Amps] RF in the Audio

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RF in the Audio
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 23:48:20 -0700
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 01:15:44 -0500
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF in the Audio

Roger, you better keep your head down.  I'm not sure who it will be (the G5RV
crowd or the "open wire is perfect" crowd), but the
chances of you meeting a bad ending from this statement is high!  You are
talking about the sacred cows here.  ha ha.

73, Jeff AC?C

###  I have yet to see or hear a G5RV that actually  works worth a
damn.......esp on 80m.   Now if you stuck it up 100'...
and at least made it rotatable, then you would be way ahead.     A dipole
that's  up high is pretty good.    It's 14 db better if you can
rotate it !      Or at least try and get 2 of em  up....at right angles....
sorta like a 'T'   [get em far apart].   If you look at the various patterns
of these ants on each band... you can see at a glance, that there is a lot of
nulls.   With any fixed wire ant, you are bound to have nulls  in
the desired directions.

later... Jim   VE7RF