[Amps] Problem with Alpha 89 bought in 1994.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Problem with Alpha 89 bought in 1994.
From: W4ABW@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:36:49 -0400 (EDT)
As I sit here now with my FT-1000MP and Alpha 89 all is FB.

But for sure it won't last. The Alpha will go into a fault that will
require the 3 minute timer to have to recycle or the amp will just shut down as

if it was turned off. The fuses are good. Sometimes it will power up and
then  shut down again almost immediately. Could I have a tube problem ? Any
help much  appreciated. Its been this way for a year or so. Most times I can
still use it  as it will finally behave.

I hope this is an appropriate list to send this question to.

73
Al Watson
W4ABW
Raleigh, NC