Re: [Amps] RD100HHF1 work in 6m

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RD100HHF1 work in 6m
From: "Dave" <dave@g8kbv.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:32:47 -0000
More like EMC issues, affecting the engine ECU, or a critical sensor, so
it cut's the engine to be safe.

Too much RF power for the car to safely handle.   Do you realy "Need"
500W out mobile?   The sort of near field that creates, will affect all
sorts of things, not just your car either!

You should however try some good RF filters on the DC power cables, and
take great care over the RF grounding, especialy the antenna, after all,
what amps of RF current you pump into the antenna, a very similar ammount
also has to flow arround the metalwork of the car, and that too will
create some "interesting" field's in places.

Chances are your car was only tested to 50 W of RF out to a car mounted
antenna above 30MHz.  Depending on it's age and where it was built, and
for what country.

Take care...

Regards.

Dave G0WBX.