Re: [Amps] SB-220 filament pin cooling was: Re: Replacing 3-500Z tubes w

To: <n4zr@contesting.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 filament pin cooling was: Re: Replacing 3-500Z tubes with 4-400A tubes
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 12:33:07 -0500
Ive heard that the Harbach fan provides less actual cooling.

A cleaned and lubed original fan, correct placement of the blade and the
little top plate in place should be all that is required.

Replacing the contacts is a good step as well as using real solder with the
right temperature rating. Ive also found many 220's with poor original
soldering that contribute to the initial overheating.

Carl